Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mini Chocolate Ricotta Cream Tarts


Soooooooooooo . . . I have been experimenting making mini tarts and quiches, and these decadent mini chocolate desserts are lovely! Perfect to satisfy the chocolate cravings! :-)


Ingredients:
*12 mini tart shells
( I made my own with a plain cookie dough baked over an upturned muffin tray)
*Approx 2 cups apple sauce
(I made my own with cinnamon and lemon zest added for flavor, thickened with 1 TBSP corn starch)

Fill tarts 3/4 full with apple sauce and put in fridge to chill.

Ricotta Chocolate Cream:
*Approx 1 cup of ricotta cheese
*1/2 tsp vanilla essence
*1 big bar 75% dark chocolate (I used Trader Joe's)
*Approx 3-4 TBSP maple syrup

Melt chocolate in a bowl above a pot of boiling water. Blend the ricotta til smooth (takes approx 1 minute), add in maple syrup and vanilla and chocolate and blend again til well mixed. The consistency  will become nice and thick because of the chocolate.

Spoon the ricotta chocolate cream into the mini tarts. Shave some chocolate on top and return to fridge to set.

Serve these delicious little desserts chilled. If you want to be even more decadent add whipped cream on top!! :-) I'm going to try making these with cooked pears and other fillings too! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis